Saturday, June 9, 2007

Skulls and Aliens

This is my one of my first attempts at multi-stranded colour knitting. I drew up the graph for the skull and alien to practice with, and I really like the way they turned out.


Here's the graph I used.








This graph is one I designed for my brother, Gerry. He loves mosaic knitting, and wanted a skull design. I tried to do something in more detail, but quickly realized it would have to be an afghan to fit all the stitches. Unfortunately the lines of the graoh dont show up here, but I think it can still be easily read.



Again, for my brother Gerry, I made this felted bag using the graph intended for potholders in The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stroller.

These potholders went along with the bag. The skull is from the same graph, and I made the alien to fit into the same size piece. I can't locate the graph right now, but will try to post it later.



2 comments:

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

oh I just did a skull and cross bones coffee quilt...it's not my style exactly but a custom order and i made a spare to list. Love your imagination! Jodi

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!