Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bookmarks/Contest/Tagged





This is the "Triple Chevron Bookmark" designed by Annette. It was the July Mid-month Bookmark for the Monthly Bookamrks group.


I made mine with a size 10 crochet cotton I hand dyed myself.


I recently became Moderator of the Bookmarks knit along group, and in order to find new designers for our group projects I will be running a contest. Starting August first I will be accepting entries of original knitted bookmark designs. The winner(s) will recieve one of my needle rolls. I will be capping the contest at 300 entries, but will increase the # of prizes each time the number of entries pass 100.

Contest Rules are now Posted! Visit brileyknitsmarket details.

Oh, and I have been tagged by Crochetaholic Deb

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about yourself. People who get tagged need to write on their own blog their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Wierd things about me:

  1. I am a vegetarian of 17 years, and I currently work in a steak (chunks of cow, as I call it) house.
  2. Sometimes I eat very little food all day so I can have ice cream at midnite with out feeling too guilty.
  3. As a child I loved the smell of skunk (I don't mind it now, but don't like it either)
  4. The stray cats in the neighborhood run from everyone but me. I think they either know how much I love cats, or they are amused at the fact that I am allergic to them.
  5. I am a male knitter that was taught the basics by my brother.
  6. I collect vintage ettiquette books.

Are those things wierd enough? I guess they will have to be.

Here are the people I have tagged:

  1. Anita O
  2. Tiffany
  3. Lisa
  4. Melanie
  5. Kim
  6. Jodi

Last time I was tagged on my yahoo blog I picked blogs at random.. This time they are all people I am familiar with, and whose blogs I enjoy reading.



2 comments:

Nic said...

I'm a vegetarian since November. It is so hard... I couldnt imagine working in a steakhouse. I would just snap and bite someone and take their food.
/SPhostess11 nic

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't believe I found someone else who doesn't mind skunk smell. Weird LOLOL.

My next thing is to become a vegetarians but I'm afraid of not getting the right nutrients - Protein, especially since I'm a runner.

Hugs!!!