Saturday, March 29, 2008

Recent Knitting

Since I haven't blogged on Yahoo for a couple weeks, and I've only posted earlier FO's on this site, I figured I should show you some of what I have been working on. Unfortunately, my largest WIP has to remain a secret for the time being, but I have been working on more than one project, so here's what I can share...


I have finally finished my Tomten Jacket. I started this as a KAL with my brother Gerry at the end of October. It has gone in and out of sleep mode a few times due to holiday knitting, and occasional loss of interest (aka frustration with silly errors). Tuesday I decided to just get it finished. It's still waiting for a zipper, but the knitting and seaming is all done.





I have also nearly completed my hand-spun BSJ. I need to sew up the top, and add the buttons, and possibly a collar, but here's how it's looking.







I've been doing quite a bit of spinning as well, but haven't taken pictures yet. I will try to get to that soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The totem really looks great! Makes me want to knit one. I love the BSJ and using your handspun makes it that much more special!

Lil Knitter said...

Okay, I admit I didn't understand the fascination with the Totem until now. I love that jacket now that I see it finished! You did a great job!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

awesome Job on the BSJ!! It is on my list. I have a new great Nephew coming in July! ;)

LDSVenus said...

Was the BSJ hard to do? It is very cute!!! It is awesome knitting with yarn you've spun up yourself, such a magical process, don't you think?

The Totem jacket is very cool too, but all the seaming and the zipper would make it one of those that after I got it knit, it would be in my pile to finish later ;P. I HATE the seaming part. sigh.