So, for months I have been thinking that my needle/hook collection has greatly outgrown the storage system I had in place for it.
Two days ago I spent half an hour looking for my 6" size 4 DPN's before I finally decided to just pull the 8" size 4's out of another project. Three hours later I found the 6" needles while looking for something else.
So, I decided it was finally time for a new needle organizer. I spent several hours this afternoon working on a new one. It has about 80% of my needles in it in the photo.
The front has (from the bottom up) a row of 4" pockets for crochet hooks, a row of 5" pockets for short DPN's, a row of 8" pockets for long DPN's, a row of 9" pockets for straight needles (I rarely use straights, and no longer than 10"), and a row of 4" pockets for extra items, like my 4" Addi DPN's, and cable needles.
The back has a row of slots for circulars, several small pockets for notions, and a row of pockets for jumbo needles, and afghan hooks.
It is so nice to have everything fit finally! I have marked the pockets, so I know what size the needles are. Now all I need is the discipline to put things back where they belong when I am done with them!
If I could only make one of these to hold all that yarn....