The first picture is 1/2 pound of Tussah silk that I split into two batches. The top one was dyed with a variety of reds and burgundy, eith a touch of verde green. The Lower one was bases on the colour scheme I made up during our last dye day. Once again I used terracotta and taupe, but this time I left out the brown and added Egyptian red, which is really just one shade off from the terracotta. I really loved the way it turned out, and I can't wait to spin it up. I also dyed up the 10oz of local mohair roving I bought at the NH sheep and Wool festival. Once again I split it into two batches.
This one is a blend of Egyptian red, verde green, plum, and burgundy.
This one is green, purple, and burgundy. If you look closely you can see that green and purple blended into a wonderful shade of blue. That was an unexpected surprise.
All of this will sadly be packed away in the stash for a while, as my spinning time is currently being taken up by Mom's shawl. I purchased some beautiful grey Gotland roving from Coppermoose. I've ordered from them several times now, and I am always pleased with what I get.
I had read about the Gotland fleece, and when I saw it for sale I had to get some. This wool is so soft and smooth, and it spins like a dream! I am thrilled with the way my singles are turning out, but due to a lack of sun there will be no photos today.